On Saturday 10th May our Altar servers are doing a sponsored walk to raise money for the Sick and Retired Priests Appeal. Anyone who would like to join us is welcome, here are the details:
We meet this coming Saturday at 10.30am and will leave hopefully around 10.45.
The meeting place is Ticknall Village Hall, Ingleby Lane, Ticknall. The postcode is DE73 7JW if you have a sat nav, you can also get directions from Google Maps.
If you prefer old-fashioned directions:
- leave Chaddesden/Oakwood via Raynesway,
- take the new Alvaston bypass to Shardlow Rd,
- go straight over the roundabout on Shardlow Rd twds the A50
- keep right and follow signs to Stoke
- You will join the A50 heading West
- Leave the A50 at the next junction
- At the roundabout leave by the first exit following signs for ‘Calke Abbey’
- continue through Swarkestone and over the causeway
- pass through the village of Stanton by Bridge
- as soon as you leave the village turn right signed A514 Ashby and Ticknall.
- Continue into Ticknall under an arched bridge.
- take the next right into Ingleby Lane
- The Village Hall is about 200m on the left, after Rose Lane.
Kit List etc.
- Dress for the weather forecast
- Sturdy outdoor shoes, 6 miles is a long way for short legs and the ground can be rough and may be muddy in places
- Unless the forecast is for a super clear day then a waterproof is a good idea
- a rucksack of some description to carry drinks and some sweets and snacks.
- We will have a stop half way at Staunton Harold reservoir. There is an outdoor cafe there so you can either send/bring pack up or provide money for food.
- We may also stop at Calke abbey if anyone wants to visit the shop or buy a further snack.
- A hat if the weather is sunny
- Please apply suncream if the weather is warm
- It’s a balance, but essential gear only is best as everything has to be carried!
All are welcome to join us, and of course to sponsor one of our servers.