The role of the Parish Pastoral Council is to work with the Parish Priest, Parish Groups and parishioners to assist the entire parish community to achieve the mission of the Church within the local community.
It seeks to enrich the quality of parish life by providing opportunities for parishioners: to grow in the faith; to discover and live out their personal and community call, and to live out the message of the Gospels as Catholics in today’s society.
The Pastoral Council will :
- Grow in understanding and knowledge of what is already happening in the Parish
- Encourage and support the good work of existing groups within the Parish
- Search out and respond to the hopes, ideas, needs and concerns of parishioners
- make decisions that reflect the values of the Gospel and the teachings of the Church
- Set long-term and short-term goals for the Parish
- Provide opportunities for parishioners to grow in their relationship with God and with each other
The following are elected and appointed members of the Pastoral Council. Each member as well as being involved in all aspects of the Council business also is nominated as a liason for the various parish groups. This is indicated below.
Rev. Dr. Juan Carlos Valer
Lewis Fenn Griffin
ex officio – St. Alban’s School
PPC Chair, Welcomers, Stewards, CAFOD, Youth Group
Building & Grounds Maintenance
PPC Secretary, Readers, Spirituality, Bidding Prayers
Altar Servers, Website
Young Confirmation, Music
Oakwood Groups, Communications
ex officio – Young Persons Representative
Parish Council Minutes
For minutes from October 2012 onwards follow this LINK